[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: plot with symbols of varying size
- Subject: Re: plot with symbols of varying size
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:54:48 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <39D12391.2440C28A@cornell.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:21540
Jonathan Joseph (email@example.com) writes:
> I would like to make a plot and vary the
> size of the symbol of each point based on
> some criteria.
> Is there any way to do this in one function
> call, or must I plot each point individually
> with oplot and the symsize specified?
I'm afraid a loop is the only way to do this.
But in my experience, it really is not so bad.
People seldom have 100000 points in their data
> With object graphics it also seems to be a pain, with
> the need to create a vector of symbol objects
> each with a different size.
A pain!? Well, computers take some of the sting
out of the grunt work. I guess it could take
as much as 4-5 lines of code. :-)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155