[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Plotting in double precesion
- Subject: Plotting in double precesion
- From: jrigler(at)Colorado.EDU
- Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 19:44:14 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Deja.com - Before you buy.
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:21998
I am attempting to plot hourly data, but with true julian days on the
xaxis. Well, this takes me beyond single precision floating point
accuracy. My data points have values like
but the plot procedure simply clumps them all together into a single
bin, with a value of 2.45178850e+06!
Is there anyway to get PLOT to acknowledge double precision floating
point values? If not, is there a good way to plot dates on the xaxis
without using full julian days (my data is really in modified julian
days, or JD-2400000.5)?
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.