Plotting in double precesion

I am attempting to plot hourly data, but with true julian days on the
xaxis.  Well, this takes me beyond single precision floating point
accuracy.  My data points have values like

  2.45178850e+06
  2.45178852e+06
  2.45178854e+06

but the plot procedure simply clumps them all together into a single
bin, with a value of 2.45178850e+06!

Is there anyway to get PLOT to acknowledge double precision floating
point values?  If not, is there a good way to plot dates on the xaxis
without using full julian days (my data is really in modified julian
days, or JD-2400000.5)?

-Josh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.