Re: filtering problem

"Dave Brennan" <9147261b@clinmed.gla.ac.uk> wrote in message
3A1A445B.14A912A3@clinmed.gla.ac.uk">news:3A1A445B.14A912A3@clinmed.gla.ac.uk...
> Although any value below the thershold should not be included in the
> statistics, pixels below the threshold should be corrected by the
algorithm.

> Therefore is it possible to change the code:
>
> pro thresh, a, n, t
>    m = a ge t
>    wh = where(m,cnt)
>    if cnt eq 0 then return
>    a[wh] = a[wh] * mean(a[wh]) * (smooth(float(m),n,/EDGE) / $
>     (smooth(a*m,n,/EDGE)+1.e-30))[wh]
> end
>
> to allow this.

If I understand you correctly, you want to correct the below-threshold
pixels by the factor calculated from the valid pixels surrounding it.
Couln't you just leave out some of the specific subscripting [wh] in the
final assignment?
  a = a * mean(a[wh]) * (smooth(float(m),n,/EDGE) / $
    (smooth(a*m,n,/EDGE)+1.e-30))
Correct me if I'm wrong here...

  Jaco

Jaco van Gorkom                    e-mail: gorkom@rijnh.nl
FOM-Instituut voor Plasmafysica "Rijnhuizen", The Netherlands