[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Associate file type with IDL procedure?
- Subject: Associate file type with IDL procedure?
- From: "Oliver Smith" <osmith(at)dera.gov.uk>
- Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 16:46:03 -0000
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Defence Evaluation & Research Agency
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22326
I've written a fairly extensive widget-based data analysis program in IDL
5.4 under NT 4. It would be really useful to be able to associate the data
file extension (eg .b00) with my program. Double clicking the file in
explorer would launch IDL and compile, then run, the main procedure
(custard.pro), with a command line variable containing the data filename.
Everything I've tried results in the .pro file being opened in the editor.
Does anyone have any ideas, or is this just wishful thinking?
Radio Science & Propagation Group http://rasp.dera.gov.uk
The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer and do not
represent the views, policy or understanding of any other person or official