Re: Preserving data with ROT

In article <3A2E971A.DFC632@bigelow.org>,
  btt <btupper@bigelow.org> wrote:

> P.S. ROT calls POLY_2D so perhaps my question should be about that
> function.

That is probably the key: Poly_2d allows one to give the size of the
output image as parameters, but ROT does not take advantage of this
option.     I added an OUTDIM keyword to rot.pro that lets one pass the
output dimension to Poly_2d.   My copy is at

ftp://idlastro.gsfc.nasa.gov/landsman/idl/rot.pro

I suppose a possible  additional keyword to rot.pro would be to let it
compute itself the size needed to preserve all the data, and create an
output file with that size.

--Wayne Landsman                           landsman@mpb.gsfc.nasa.gov

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.