[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
generating symmetric array from function?
- Subject: generating symmetric array from function?
- From: Nick Bower <bowern(at)ses.curtin.edu.au>
- Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:28:35 +0800
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Curtin University of Technology
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22581
how do I generate symmetric 2D array from a function of one variable?
eg. say i want the sinc function in 3 dimensions - how do i generate
this symmetrically in both x and y dimensions?
presumably, the last step would be a shift by N/2 in both x and y
directions to move the origin to the centre of the array, but i'm just
not sure what comes before this and how to do it without nested loops
over the array elements.