Re: widget_control and group_leader

John-David Smith (jdsmith@astro.cornell.edu) writes:

> Just because RSI publishes a manual describing standard
> event processing doesn't mean you can't innovate beyond
> that (especially in unusual cases like yours).

As someone who has tried a great many oddball ways
of processing events, I can attest to the wisdom
of JD's words here.

But I also note that as I've gained more experience
with widgets and events, that my event processing has
become more conservative (as opposed to, say, my
politics). And now I often find myself a proponent of
the Occum's Razor school of event handling, in which the
simpler is the better. :-)

P.S. Let's just say I have enough to worry about
keeping track of those darn object methods to
worry overly much about events flying around everywhere.