Data Acquisition Options in IPL...

Is anyone doing real-time data acquisition in IPL?  RSinc mentioned that there
was a way to stream data in via TCP/IP, but I'd also be interested in
processing "live" data from an A/D converter for audio input, or a frame buffer
or USB camera for image.  IPL has all the processing and analysis capabilities
I need, but I need something more than static file I/O...as my app involves
spectral analysis, filtering and resynthesis for audio and video I/O.  Also,
I'm looking for a way to get post-processing audio out of IPL.  Anyone working
with real-time I/O?

Thanks,
~Randy

P.S. I'm running IPL on a G4 Mac.