[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Printf and line breaks
- Subject: Printf and line breaks
- From: s007amf(at)news.wright.edu (ALAN FRAZIER)
- Date: 19 Jan 2001 19:52:59 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio 45435
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23087
Sorry to bother everyone again. I am just beginning my enduring journey of
learning IDL and keep running into obstacles.
My current problem is with printf. I am trying to create a text output
file that can be imported into a spreadsheet. My problem is that printf is
automatically line wrapping. For example:
printf, filetpr, val1, val2, val3, val4, val5, val6,
is producing output where val1, val2, val3, and val4 are on a single line.
But, val5 and val6 are placed on the following line. NOTE: I am actually
trying to print 10 different floats on the same line.
I did think about converting all the values into one long string and
printing that string. But, this issue was still a problem.
Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this? Is a solution even possible?