Printf and line breaks

Sorry to bother everyone again.  I am just beginning my enduring journey of
learning IDL and keep running into obstacles.

My current problem is with printf.  I am trying to create a text output
file that can be imported into a spreadsheet. My problem is that printf is
automatically line wrapping.  For example:

printf, filetpr, val1, val2, val3, val4, val5, val6,

is producing output where val1, val2, val3, and val4 are on a single line.
But, val5 and val6 are placed on the following line.  NOTE: I am actually
trying to print 10 different floats on the same line.

I did think about converting all the values into one long string and
printing that string.  But, this issue was still a problem.

Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?  Is a solution even possible?

Thanks,

Alan