[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Serial Port access
- Subject: Serial Port access
- From: "Richard Tyc" <richt(at)sbrc.umanitoba.ca>
- Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:24:52 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: The University of Manitoba
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23369
Anybody have any libraries, DLL's, , CALL_EXTERNAL code examples which
provides an IDL application with the ability to read the serial port on
Windows NT machines (Intel). I am trying to get my IDL app to link to a
fiberoptic thermometer via RS232 to read data continuously.
Just don't want to reinvent the wheel. Not to mention, I have never written
code to access the serial port on a NT box.
BTW, I am referring to the standard COM1/COM2 port on the motherboard not
external PCI/ISA interface cards.