Re: speed comparison of IDL, numPy, Matlab

Benyang Tang wrote:

> Out of curiosity, I did a quick benchmark test of IDL, NumPy and Matlab on my
> desktop machine. I know benchmarking is a complicated issue; don't take my
> naive test too serious.

O.k.  :o)

I've never used Python, and Matlab only once or twice, but what's with the Python syntax?
Seems a tad wordy. Looks like Nick Bower's IDL-like package in Python
(http://nickbower.com/computer/pydl) is worth another look though......

paulv

P.S. BTW, in Matlab, how do you simply multiply the corresponding matrix elements? (i.e.
not a matrix multiply).

--
Paul van Delst                 A little learning is a dangerous thing;
CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP              Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;