[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Directory separators
- Subject: Re: Directory separators
- From: Paul van Delst <pvandelst(at)ncep.noaa.gov>
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:18:06 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP
- References: <3A894C6B.1D89547B@bigelow.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23513
Ben Tupper wrote:
> I have been using the following function to select the appropriate OS
> specific directory separator. I have two questions about it: (1) what
> is the correct directory separator in VMS?
I believe it's '.' as in DISK$NAME1:[PAULV.DIR.SUBDIR.SUBSUBDIR]
>, and (2) is there a built-in
> means of getting the same information?
in idl? don't know. I would prefer your method anyway.
Paul van Delst A little learning is a dangerous thing;
CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;
Ph: (301)763-8000 x7274 There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
Fax:(301)763-8545 And drinking largely sobers us again.
firstname.lastname@example.org Alexander Pope.