[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Directory separators
- Subject: Re: Directory separators
- From: hahn(at)hrz.tu-darmstadt.de (Norbert Hahn)
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:43:06 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Technische Universitšt Darmstadt
- References: <3A894C6B.1D89547B@bigelow.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23516
Ben Tupper <email@example.com> wrote:
>I have been using the following function to select the appropriate OS
>specific directory separator. I have two questions about it: (1) what
>is the correct directory separator in VMS?,
VMS uses brackets to enclose the directory information as a whole
and periods to delimit subdirectory names. In case of logical names
more than one pair of brackets may occur...
>and (2) is there a built-in
>means of getting the same information?
You may use filepath to set a file name independend of on OS.
Parts of the directory will be given as elements of a string