ENVI slope function

Can anybody explain to me how exactly ENVI is
producing slope values in my DEM greater than 90-
degrees!! surely the if the gradient goes above
the vertical, then the slope value should be
reduced and the aspect values changed to reflect
the new direction of slope. I do see evidence of
this but I still have slope values of up to 144-
degrees!! the online documentaion says that slope
is calculated as an angle above the horizontal
plane - was this changed to produce a gradient
instead but without a change to the
documentation. This would certainly explain the
high values.

Sorry to have to write to this newsgroup about
this but RSI's tech support team here in the UK
are apparently in meetings all day.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/