Newsgroup archive online

I've just put a partial archive of our beloved newsgroup on my web
page.  You can find it here, under Newsgroup Archives:

http://cow.physics.wisc.edu/~craigm/idl/

Right now I offer time-ordered and thread-ordered views.  For those
who don't know, "thread" is the term for a set of articles on one
discussion topic.  There is also simple and advanced search
capabilities.  Look up your own writings and reminisce!  David, in my
earlier version of the archive the indexer refused to index your name
because it appeared so many times! :-) That's fixed now. [ Or not,
depending on how you look at it. ]

Normally I would recommend searching Deja for old news articles, but
since its demise, the options are much fewer.  Google news archives
are still a mess, but if it improves I may withdraw the page.

Ultimately it would be nice to have a set of topic areas which people
could consult, thinks like plotting, array manipulation, colors, etc.
Would this be helpful?  Any suggestions?

These archives reflect the articles I have saved in my personal
folders over time, so they tend to be biased toward what I am/was
interested in.  However, I tried to save everything that seemed
important at the time. The archive begins around 1995 with some sparse
coverage, and has gradually improving coverage up to the present. If
somebody has a more complete archive I would be glad to put it here;
drop me a note (there are a few requirements).

Cheers,
Craig

P.S.  I have taken precautions that the mailing addresses on the pages
are suitably mangled, so there shouldn't be any spam from the archive.