Re: Change default value of system variable?

David Fanning (davidf@dfanning.com) writes:

> Uh, use somebody else's routine:
>
>    !P.Background = FSC_Color("white", !P.Background)
>    !P.Color = FSC_Color("black", !P.Color)
>
> That will work correctly *everywhere*. :-)

Whoops! Now that I think about it (my brain is
still sluggish from all the percussive noise the
past couple of days) I don't think this will solve
your problem. Let me think about this some.

Actually, my rule of thumb for *all* color
operations is to always load the colors before
you draw the graphics. That is really the only
reliable way to be sure your graphic will be
displayed with the proper colors. Certainly
the two lines of code I mentioned will work
correctly if executed immediately prior to any
graphic operation. But I see now you were asking
a different question.

Sorry. I'm going back to bed after I apply a
little more liniment.