[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Bessel Functions and Numerical Recipes
- Subject: Re: Bessel Functions and Numerical Recipes
- From: Jean Koclas <jean(at)koclas.com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:18:48 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Sympatico
- References: <email@example.com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft Outlook Express Macintosh Edition - 5.0 (1513)
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23687
> Another question:
> Has anyone converted a substantial portion of
> Numerical Recipes [e.g., Fortran], to IDL? Are there public libraries for
> this sort of thing? Numerical Recipes algorithms seem much more
> stable/reliable than those in IDL and I have the complete Fortran code for
> most Numerical Recipes but find it tedious to manually convert between
> languages each time I want a program.
Numerical Recipes in C have been ported to IDL and are part of it. The
routines are documented as such in the IDL Reference Guide.
However, take a look at http://math.jpl.nasa.gov/nr.html and you might
wonder if it is a good idea to use these routines...