[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
MPEG and IDL 5.4
- Subject: MPEG and IDL 5.4
- From: "Mark Rivers" <rivers(at)cars.uchicago.edu>
- Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:11:39 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: The University of Chicago
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23741
I just discovered that IDL 5.4 won't let me run my procedure which generates
I get the error:
DL> make_movie, vol, mpeg='b_w_test.mpg'
% LICENSE MANAGER: MPEG feature not licensed for use.
% Error occurred at: MPEG_OPEN 58 U:\RSI\IDL54\lib\mpeg_open.pro
% MAKE_MOVIE 183
% Execution halted at: MAKE_MOVIE 183
I don't recall seeing anything about this in the newsgroup. I also seem to
find it discussed in the Release Notes or on the RSI Web site. The only I
see is the entry in the help file for mpeg_open:
Note - MPEG support in IDL requires a special license. For more
information, contact your
Research Systems sales representative or technical support.
Does this cost $$$? I don't see special licensing for it on their Web page.
Why do they do this?