Re: IDLgrLegend geometry

George Constantinides (gconstantinides@mhl.nsw.gov.au) writes:

> It appears that the default legend behavior is not consistent with other
> objects such as IDLgrAxis, IDLgrText. I would have expected that, if you
> are resizing a Window, all Text based objects either stay the same
> size OR all Text objects resize proportionately to the new output object.
> As it is, some resize and others don't even though I have not explicitly set
> the RECOMPUTE_DIMENSIONS for any of them.

Well, as the discussion with Mark and me points out,
some like it hot, and some like it cold. What the
author of the program probably wishes he had done
is allowed the user to set a keyword that would give
the user whatever he or she wants.

> I hope, I am not stating the obvious here. Fill free to correct me if I have
> completely missed the point.

I don't think you have missed the point. Although
I'm pretty sure I have been missing the point for
quite a while now. I *think* I understand it now.
I'll find out for sure the next time I try to teach
it to someone. :-(