IDLgrAxis text scaling

It is late in the day so beware of idiocity....

I don't remeber this being so difficult but I have some axes where i set the
range then set the appropriate x, y , and z coord_conv values.  My axes come
out fine but the lables are wacked, the characters are huge relative to
anything else in the scene.  Shouldn't the axis object scale the text
automatically according to the coord_conv values passed to the axis object?
Or do I really have to do the text the hard way?

-Rick Towler

ps:idl 5.4