[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: printing floats/integer
- Subject: Re: printing floats/integer
- From: "Klaus Scipal" <kscipal(at)ipf.tuwien.ac.at>
- Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 14:57:00 +0100
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23883
you can use the the string command in connection with format
IDL> print, string(format='(f8.6)',x)
Sean Heukels <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> I wrote a small module for integers. The variable is formatted and
> "1 " returns as "1"
> Now this doesn't work with floats. for example if I want to print
> dont want to see it as "1.222221000000000000000" or
> "1.222222 "
> Does anyone know how I can solve this ??
> Greets Sean