[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: plot structured data II
- Subject: Re: plot structured data II
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:05:48 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <3AACC03E.B362CA4E@uni-bonn.de>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23941
Dirk Burose (firstname.lastname@example.org) writes:
> sorry for being unprecise last time.
> What I like to know is how to get access to the data in the structure or
> as David Fanning already said how to tear that structure apart and get a
> 2d array for further use.
> The data in the structure is already gridded and I know how to use
> surface function but until now I can't find information how to use it
> with structured data sets.
> thanks a lot
Structures are de-referenced with a "dot". You want
something like this:
Surface, struct.mydata, struct.my_xvector, struct.my_yvector
Sometimes structures have structures inside them. Then you
use two dots, etc.:
Surface, struct.mydata.grid, struct.mydata.xvec, struct.mydata.yvec
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: email@example.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155