Re: linkimage query

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Nigel Wade wrote:

> Most likely the problem is due to the Alpha being a 64bit platform, and
> on
> that platform the C type 'long' is 64 bits. Check your C code for use of
> long's, particularly if accessing IDL_LONG variables which will be 32bit.

But I think export.h defines all IDL_LONG's to be 32 bit to avoid
confusion, but I might have a go replacing IDL_LONG's with IDL_LONG64's to
see if it helps.  What I did find was that the segmentation fault occurs
on alphas running True64 (version 5? of OSF) but NOT OSF4 (version 4?),
it's not a chip thing like I originally thought.  I wonder what changed
between version 4 and version 5 of OSF?

cheers,