Question about 'READ input error'

Hi,

I have an idl program which should uncompresse a file and then read it in
to an array "aaa"
However whenever I try and run this program I keep getting the following
error :
-----------------------
Compiled module: $MAIN$.
% READF: Input conversion error.
% Execution halted at:  $MAIN$              5
  /tmp_mnt/homes/metogra3/anilk/Nimbus7/stratep.d/trial.pro

------------------------
My idl code is:
--------------------------------

lun=13
 aaa=fltarr(2,180,51)
 spawn,'/usr/ucb/uncompress -c'+'~anilk/Nimbus7/GriddedData/grid_EP_79134.dat.Z',unit=lun
 readf,lun,aaa
 print, aaa
 close,lun

 do_free_lun =1
 if keyword_set(do_free_lun) then free_lun, lun

 end

Would someone be able help me figure out what is causing this error, and
what an input conversion error is?

Thank You
Anil
ps: If possible please reply back to my email address too.