Re: Making SAV files

"Pavel A. Romashkin" <pavel.romashkin@noaa.gov> writes:

> Hi,
>
> When I make a .sav file, is there a way to specify the command that will
> be executed when the file is double-clicked on? What I have now, is IDL
> tries to execute the following when I double-click on a .sav file:
>
> RESTORE, Filename & Filename
>
> which results in error in 95% of the cases. However, it would be very
> useful to be able to do, lets say:
>
> RESTORE, Filename & Related_pro, Filename
>
> But how to specify this Related_pro?

I'm going to pull a David here and ask why you are trying to fight the
flow.  The behavior of IDL from at least version 4 (!) has been to
associate a save filename containing compiled routines with a
procedure of the same name.  I know that people have requested a way
to pass command line arguments, and that is a legitimate request.  But
otherwise, why not just do like the Romans do?

Craig