line graph problems

Hello,

I have a couple of problems I was hoping that someone might be able to
help me with...

First of all I am trying to automate the process of creating a series
of line graphs for a project (approximately 50).  I could do this in
Excel, but it is very time consuming.  I was hoping to use IDL to make
the process easier, but it seems to be causing me just as many
headaches.

There will be two plots per page and they have identical y-axis and
variable x-axis ranges.  The x-axis values are fairly large, which
leads me to my first problem.  Is it possible to change the text
orientation for an axis using PLOT?  I've searched the IDL help and
David's book and can't seem to find any reference to this.  I'd like
to have the text display at a 45 degree angel so the values don't
overlap when displayed.  My second problem relates to the y-axis.  In
several of my plots I have a few y values that are large while the
rest are many times smaller.  Is it possible to create a broken y-axis
so I can bring out the smaller values while still displaying the
larger ones?

Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated!

Brian
please remove the _ns if replying directly by email...