Re: Export plot to PS

Martin Skou Andersen (skou@fys.ku.dk) writes:

> Is there a way to export/save a plot to an PostScript file?
> Or in anyway save a plot made by idl, to a image?

Well, I'm almost too embarrassed to mention it, but
there is MPI_PLOT. :-)

   http://www.dfanning.com/programs/mpi_plot.zip

And if what you mean by "plot" is "any kind of
IDL display window", then you could look at
either FSC_Window or even something as simple
as PrintWindow:

   http://www.dfanning.com/programs/fsc_window.pro
   http://www.dfanning.com/tip_examples/printwindow.pro

If you just want to capture whatever is in an IDL
graphics window and save it as some kind of file
(e.g., JPEG, TIFF, etc.), then TVREAD does it all
in one step:

   http://www.dfanning.com/programs/tvread.pro