[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Q]: reading hexadecimal numbers from text files
- Subject: [Q]: reading hexadecimal numbers from text files
- From: intrigue(at)ozemail.com.au (Erin McKay)
- Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 10:26:11 +1100
- Distribution: world
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Computerhead
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24301
I'm working with some DICOM files that are not supported by IDL's built-in
access functions. I've written a DICOM parser and would like to make use
of an external DICOM dictionary. But I can't figure out how to interpret
ASCII strings as hexadecimal coded integers (its always the little
things...). For example, I need to read lines like:
7FE0, 0010, 'CS', 'Pixel Data'
and interpret the first 3 fields as unsigned short integers. I also need
to print these values back out as they are displayed here.
Please forward replies to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' as well as this group.
Any assistance appreciated.