[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Rotate an image using objects
- Subject: Re: Rotate an image using objects
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 10:05:01 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <3ACB4229.F1A888B7@epfl.ch>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24337
Daniel Sage (email@example.com) writes:
> We try to do geometric transformation a 2D flat image (e.g
> findgen(128,128)) including in a model.
> It works fine with the translation (mymodel->Translate) and scaling
> (mymodel->Scale) but
> it doesn't for the rotation (mymodel-> rotate). Our goal is to rotate
> the image at the center of image.
> Anyone has an idea why it doesn't work.
You will have to ask RSI why object images don't rotate,
but they don't. To rotate them, you will have to use a polygon
object and put the image into the polygon as a texture map.
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155