Re: Object epiphany: A new way of building widget applications

Martin Schultz (martin.schultz@dkrz.de) writes:

> PS: A great big thank you to David again for providing all this great
> stuff on his web page - and for developing MPI_Plot which served as a
> basis for the development of my programs.

Boy, I'll tell you, if I had a nickel for every
idea I've had that somebody turned into something better,
I wouldn't be writing IDL code today. :-(

But this sounds great, Martin. I'm looking forward to
exploring it. And I guess I'm getting more serious about
an "object" book. More and more people are getting their
feet wet, but most of us still need some hand-holding to
take the plunge. Maybe we can use this as the "base
structure" for developing object applications.

P.S. Let's just say that rich is probably better, but
I've no objections to being known as the "idea man".
It's better than a lot of other things I've been called. :-)