IDLWAVE 4.9

Hello X/Emacs users,

I have released IDLWAVE 4.9.  As always it is available on my website

http://www.strw.leidenuniv.nl/~dominik/Tools/idlwave

CHANGES IN VERSION 4.9
======================

AUTOMATIC INITIALIZATION OF ROUTINE INFO IN IDLE TIME
   Up to now, the first completion or routine info command in an emacs
   session was delayed by loading the routine info.  IDLWAVE now loads
   this stuff automatically when you are not using Emacs for more then
   10 seconds.  This bright idea is due to JD, of course.  It can be
   configured with the option `idlwave-init-rinfo-when-idle-after'.
   If you have a fast machine and network, you want to set this to

      (setq idlwave-init-rinfo-when-idle-after 2)

   If you have a very slow machine and network, a value of 30 or 60
   might be more appropriate.

DRAG-TO-PRINT
-------------
   To print a value of an expression in the shell, you can now also
   drag the mouse (holding down SHIFT) over the expression to print.
   Up to now IDLWAVE tried (with variable success) to guess the
   expression you wanted to print - now you have more control.

DIRECTORY-SYNC
   File name completion in the Shell now always starts in the current
   working directory of the IDL process.

BUGS FIXES
   - fixed problem with displaying buffers in different frames
   - The IDL function BEEP works again in IDLWAVE.  This was already
     intorduced in 4.3, but somehow got lost again.