[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
How to read two-bytes variables from a file saved in Mac?
- Subject: How to read two-bytes variables from a file saved in Mac?
- From: "Xiong Hu" <xhu(at)conrad.ece.uiuc.edu>
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:07:07 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24571
Hi! Does somebody know how to read the two-bytes variables from a file saved
I am trying reading the image data in PC platform. The image data saved in
IPlab in Mac. And I found out the difference of the way the data be saved in
between PC and Mac. For example, a two- bytes integer will be saved like:
0[low byte]1[high byte] in PC platform. But in Mac, it will be saved like:
1[high byte]0[low byte].
So in PC when I try to read a file saved in Mac, I need to read byte by byte
and do transform in the right way to get the right value of each pixel. But
I think it is not a good way. I wonder if there are any "keywords" or
"command" can help me solve this problem directly and efficiently.
Any your suggestion are appreciating!