[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Equivalent of EXCEL LINEST function?
- Subject: Equivalent of EXCEL LINEST function?
- From: Bruce Bowler <bbowler(at)bigelow.org>
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:13:40 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
- Reply-To: bbowler(at)bigelow.org
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24610
I'm probably just having a brain cramp but I can't figure out how to do
something that seems as simple as the EXCEL function LINEST.
Basically, I have an X vector and a Y vector and I want to find the
linear "best fit" function, the r^2 of that fit, and the standard errors
of all the parameters. (I could do it all by writing my own routines,
but I'm *SURE* that someone has already done it, you know, steal from
your friends :-)