Calculating satellite zenith angle from pre-KLM AVHRR 1B data

I have NOAA-14 AVHRR Level 1B LAC files that I obtained from the Satellite
Active Archive.  I would like to learn how to calculate the satellite
zenith angle for this pre-KLM satellite data, since it is not included in
the data record.  (For the KLM satellites, it is included).  Can the
satellite zenith angle be derived from other variables in the data record?
If so, could you please give me a reference for how this is done?  It is
required in algorithms for deriving sea surface temperature.

Thank you,
Kate

Dr. Kate Edwards
University of Washington