Re: MBAR

Ben Tupper wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure that it is possible to have the Menu Bar have non-menu buttons.
> The online help states that, 'This widget ID can then be used to fill
> the menubar with pulldown menus.'
>
> You can modify the code slightly (shown below) to make a mock menu bar.
> I just tried the following on a MAC; it looks slightly different than
> the typical menu bar (created by the top level widget base) but it
> performs as you wish.
>
> Ben
> --
> Ben Tupper
> Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
> 180 McKown Point Rd.
> W. Boothbay Harbor, ME 04575
> btupper@bigelow.org

Hi Ben,
  thanks very much for your solution. It's a VERY close approximation
  to what I want.

  Anybody have ideas how to make the highlighting arount the buttons
  disappear, so that the user can't tell the difference to a proper mbar?

Cheers,
       Dominic
--
Dipl. Phys. Dominic R. Scales | Aero-Sensing Radarsysteme GmbH
Tel:  +49 (0)8153-90 88 90    | c/o DLR Oberpfaffenhofen