Re: Keyword DLM crashes with IDL 5.2?

Randall Skelton <rhskelto@atm.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to port a DLM that works in IDL 5.4/5.3 to work with IDL 5.2.
> As a demonstration of my problem I have modified the file testmodule.c to
> include a simple procedure called 'testr' that takes a keyword and
> distributed it below.  It compiles under unix with:
>
> gcc -Wall -Wimplicit -fpic -shared -I/usr/local/PACK/idl-5.3/external
> testmodule.c -o testmodule.so
>
> Execution in IDL is:
>
> IDL> testr, 1, a, ERROR=b
> % Loaded DLM: TESTMODULE.
> IDL> print, a, b
>           10           0
>
> This routine compiles and works just fine under IDL 5.3, but it seg-faults
> during execution with IDL 5.2.  Without the keywords, the procedure works

Are you trying to run the same compiled DLM in both IDL 5.2 and 5.3?
Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that binary DLMs are
not guaranteed to be compatible between IDL versions.  The problem is
that structure definitions and other binary interfaces change between
versions.

If you recompiled it for IDL 5.2 then that's a different story!

Craig