Re: movie into powerpoint

Rick Towler wrote in message <9cs5e6$sfk$1@nntp6.u.washington.edu>...
>Both work well, but I must warn you to TEST THE ANIMATION ON THE
PRESETATION
>MACHINE WHILE IT IS CONNECTED TO THE PROJECTOR! I have seen many
>presentations where the animation plays on the laptop screen but the
>projector shows only a black box where the animation should be playing.  I
>haven't had enough time to figure out why this is, but it hasn't been
>limited to a single laptop or projector.

I have seen this problem and figured it out.  It has to do with the setting
as to whether the laptop screen or the external video port is the "primary"
vs "secondary" display.  My recollection is that we made both primary, but I
forget now.  If you have it wrong, then it will often work to play an MPEG
one time on the external port, but the second time you try it will be black.
Very frustrating and mysterious.

Mark Rivers