[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: TRIGRID co-linearity problem
- Subject: Re: TRIGRID co-linearity problem
- From: Roman Schreiber <schreibe(at)ncac.torun.pl>
- Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 10:25:12 +0200
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika WMiI
- References: <3AF84869.D2AD2D2@cira.colostate.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:24870
I had a similar problem few weeks ago. Without going into details
I tried a "brute force" approach adding to x and y geographical
coordinates small random parts (about 0.0001 * coordinate value).
Error disappeared and the resulting contour plot was OK.
But it does not of course explain the reason for the peculiar
behavior of trigrid procedure...
Christopher Davey wrote:
> The triangulation( ) procedure works just fine, but In my call to
> trigrid( ), I get an error that I cannot figure out: "Points are
> co-linear, no solution."