Re: special linux/idl problem

RB> Reimar Bauer wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I hope someone on this group know this problem and is able to help.
>>
>> On one of my linux system I got always a monochrome color output
>> (grey scale) by idl. All other applications do have colors.
>>
>> I have three identical machines ( I believe ) and only one of them
>> has this failure.

This works for me, I got it from this group, but unfortunately I
forgot who the original author was.  Put the following text in a
startup file, like .idlrc and set the environment IDL_STARTUP variable
to point to that file:

setenv IDL_STARTUP ~/.idlrc

if !version.os_family eq 'unix' then device, true_color=24
  window, /free, /pixmap, colors=-10
  wdelete, !d.window
  device, decomposed=0, retain=2
  device, get_visual_depth=depth
  print, 'Display depth: ', depth
  print, 'Color table size: ', !d.table_size