Re: IDL 5.5?

Dave Watts wrote:

> "Richard G. French" wrote:
>
> > Several folks have hinted about IDL5.5 - is there a release date yet?
> > Dick French
> > PS - I hear that it will not support WIndows 95. Is anyone else going to
> > be in trouble because of this?
>
> Yes VMS version is gone too so we are going to have a serious problem
> shifting as we have wrapped DCL and Powerhouse around IDL for some heavily
> used animal-tracking applications
>
> Dave Watts - Australian Antarctic Data Centre   www-aadc.aad.gov.au

 Hey Dave,

	IDL for VMS isn't "gone" as such, it still works, but just isn't going
	to get past v5.4.

	You're stuck in the ice just as much as we're stuck in the ionosphere,
	or the NASA boys are stuck in orbit, or ...

	Cheers,

	Andrew

 Andrew D. Cool                                 .->-.
 Electromagnetics & Propagation Group           `-<-'
 Surveillance Systems Division               Transmitted on
 Defence Science & Technology Organisation   100% recycled
 PO Box 1500, Salisbury                        electrons
 South Australia 5108

 Phone : 061 8 8259 5740     Fax : 061 8 8259 6673
 Email  : andrew.cool@dsto.defence.gov.au