Array has a corrupted descriptor

Hi,

I got an error sometimes in one of my routines only on AIX.

-- IDL> help,!version,/str
** Structure !VERSION, 7 tags, length=44:
   ARCH            STRING    'ibmr2'
   OS              STRING    'AIX'
   OS_FAMILY       STRING    'unix'
   RELEASE         STRING    '5.4.1'
   BUILD_DATE      STRING    'Jan 16 2001'
   MEMORY_BITS     INT             32
   FILE_OFFSET_BITS
                   INT       =       32

The same routine works on linux and windows.

The error text is:
% Array has a corrupted descriptor: VAR

the calling sequence is something like this

var=function(x)

First I like to know what's this error is meaning.

It seems to me that's the RETURN statement won't work.

The result value of my function is good.

If it reachs the calling level of the function I got
this error.

Any ideas are welcome.

regards
Reimar

Reimar Bauer

Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-1)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/
a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Juelich
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html

http://www.fz-juelich.de/zb/text/publikation/juel3786.html
has a corrupted descriptor

read something about linux / windows