[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
warping continents to magnetic coordinates
- Subject: warping continents to magnetic coordinates
- From: Ken Mankoff <mankoff(at)lasp.colorado.edu>
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 16:55:19 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Colorado, Boulder
- Reply-To: Ken Mankoff <mankoff(at)lasp.colorado.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25051
I am interested in displaying the continents on a non geographic
Specifically, I have the corrected geomagnetic CGM grid off the NSSDC
website, and wish to display the continents with some data on this grid.
Those of you with the latest "Reviews of Geophysics" (Volume 39, Number 2,
May 2001) can see on the cover what I'm trying to do.
I have found the maps in the IDL map directory. I have read (briefly) the
map_continents procedure. I discovered the !map system variable. I am just
not sure what my next step should be...
Thanks for any help,