Multiple surface plotting

Hello there,

I want to plot out a number of intersecting surfaces, different colours, some shaded, some gridded.
After some inquiries, I was lead to Struan Gray's excellent web page and once I figured out how to
use the Z-buffer, I had great looking plots of exactly what I wanted .... onscreen (or in a web
page).

When I output to a file using the recommended TVRD() from z-buffer and then tv'ing after a
set_plot,'PS', or writing the tvrd() result to a png file is a result that looks quite awful when
printed.

What I would dearly love to do would be to create postscript output directly rather than doing a
TVRD() of the z-buffer and then tv'ing it to PS output. Does anyone know if this is possible and if
so, how? All the z-buffer exmaples I've seen use TVRD() and TV for output.

thanks for any info

paulv

--
Paul van Delst           A little learning is a dangerous thing;
CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP        Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;