Postscript in IDL ..

I am looking at using IDL to publish some pictures in a
TeX document. Lets say I have data sets in either
CSV or tab delimited.

Can I produce postscript oe EPS files directly and
if so does anyone have a srcipt they could send me
with most of the stuff in to save me having to read manuals..

What is the default data file format used for ascii import using IDL?

A few things but I dont really want to spend my life
learning things I may only use once every now and then

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

regards
R.A.
raspey@liv.ac.uk