[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
integration of tabulated data in spherical coordinates
- Subject: integration of tabulated data in spherical coordinates
- From: bonnefoy(at)obs.ujf-grenoble.fr (Nicolas Bonnefoy)
- Date: 8 Jun 2001 02:31:24 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: http://groups.google.com/
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25272
My experiment (a goniometer) is aimed at measuring the light reflected
by a surface for several geometric configurations; to describe the
whole upper hemisphere, in spherical coordinates (radius, latitude,
longitude), the observation angle is in the range 0-90 degrees in
latitude, and 0-360 degrees in longitude. To determine the albedo of the
surface, I need to integrate these reflectance measurements over the
First, I used Sph_Scat to perform a spherical gridding of my data with a
better angular resolution (5 degrees in latitude and longitude, instead
of the 10 degrees of the measurements).
But my problem is that I did not find any IDL routine that integrates
the volume formed by a surface defined by tabulated data (my
measurements) in spherical coordinates (radius, latitude, longitude).
Has anyone solved this problem before, or have any ideas on to do it?