[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
IDL and UNIX setenv
- Subject: IDL and UNIX setenv
- From: "Daniel Peduzzi" <peduzzi(at)mediaone.net>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 05:46:06 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Road Runner
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25365
I have an executable (compiled from C) which I'd like to
run from within IDL using SPAWN. However, I'd like to refer
to the executable without prepending a pathname:
IDL> spawn, "myprog", result
I tried to append the "/usr1/guest/bin/" directory to my UNIX
path before starting an IDL session, but the path information
doesn't seem to be propagated into IDL.
What else, if anything, can I do to get IDL to find "myprog"?