Re: about the newsgroup

Julia wrote:

> hi, there,
>
> How can I add this newsgroups in the Netscape Newsgroup? If I use the
> default 'news' message server, it can not find 'comp.lang.idl-pvwave'.
> Then how can set an available message server?

In netscape under

  Edit->Preferences->Mail & Newsgroups->Newsgroup Servers

use the "add" button to add the name of a newsgroup server (e.g. news.myuniversity.edu or
variants thereof) to which you have access. I don't think the default one is "real" so it
probably won't work out of the box.

paulv

--
Paul van Delst           A little learning is a dangerous thing;
CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP        Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;