icglib next version

This evening I have installed the version 1.7 of our IDL library.

http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html

Intro

The programs below were written by scientific staff of the FZJ (formerly
known as KFA) to evaluate, visualize, and publish their own scientific
material. More
than 800 routines were considered to be useful for other IDL users.
These routines were equipped with a standard header and have been
submitted to a FZJ wide
available library directory where a html catalog of the routines is
generated once a day for easy access to the routines via the web. From
today (June 21, 2000) this
library is made available to the public through the web and in future
all new developments will also be published here. Before you access
please be aware of
copyright and license.

there are several new routines added.

e.g.

several others icg data structure routines e.g.
icgs_correlate and icgs_calc

A template generator which writes a complete
procedure useable as filter between several
data formats into icg data structure , write_icgspro.

tar_gz_dependencies.
This is the routine I used to share our routines with you.

compile
creates a sav library of all routines used by the called routine.
if it's a procedure it could be executed by idl -rt=file.sav

setup_time_axis to plot julian seconds by plot.

ptr_struct2struct and struct2ptr_struct are useful if
you have structures and you want their values as pointer
or in the other direction.

regards
Reimar

--
Reimar Bauer

Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-1)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/
a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Juelich
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg1/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html

http://www.fz-juelich.de/zb/text/publikation/juel3786.html

read something about linux / windows
http://www.suse.de/de/news/hotnews/MS.html