[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Easy way to do superscripts, greek letters, etc.?
- Subject: Easy way to do superscripts, greek letters, etc.?
- From: Amanda Kepley <aak8(at)po.cwru.edu>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:20:22 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25664
I'm migrating to IDL from Supermongo
(http://www.astro.princeton.edu/~rhl/sm/) and was wondering if there was
an easier way to get superscripts and greek letters than the cryptic !*
escape sequences mentioned in David Fanning's book.
I would really love it if I could just input TeX escape sequences like
\phi (as in supermongo), but I don't know if that's even possible in
IDL. I would settle for a some sort of character picker program. Does
anyone know of program that would do this (or if it can be done in IDL)?
"Ad Astra Per Aspera"