[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: carriage-return-carriage-control
- From: differentiable(at)hotmail.com (Lucas Miller)
- Date: 25 Jul 2001 15:35:50 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: http://groups.google.com/
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:25829
I'm working on a vax with IDL 4.0 :) I have a HUGE binary file,
with sequential, variable length records separated by a carriage return
carriage control character. The problem is that the records aren't in the
right order! Each record has a header with a time stamp that I can use to
sort the file with. Any suggestions on how to read from the file and figure
out where each record begins? I've tried so many things! Please help!
My thanks are yours; Lucas.